Friday, September 18, 2009

A Brief Introduction…

I wanted to write about something profound and useful for my first blog post; something that would empower small business owners and fight against the corporate Web designers charging them thousands of dollars each year.

I wanted to write about ethics, standards of business, customer service, buyer loyalty… and I will… in time.

Right now, I want to talk about you and me.

I know that the Internet can be a scary place when you don’t know who to trust. And sometimes, knowing who to trust can be a hard thing to figure out.

I’ll tell you what I want. I want to be a trusted source of information to small business owners. I want you to be able to ask me your questions and get the answers you need. I want you to succeed in your business so your community can depend on you.

(Can you see me up there on my podium, bright lights - glittering white smile? Inspirational speakers, they call them. The people that raise you up with words, making you feel good like a five minute drug, and then let you down.)

I am not them. As you get to know me here, you will learn that.

I am a small business owner. Am I successful? Well, I am not rich, but I have customers that are happy and that trust me. Although it sounds cheesy, that means more than money. Really.

I grew up in a small, simple town in Oregon where most people around me lead small, simple lives. I grew up poor, but happy. I never knew any different. Something about that combined with what is essentially ‘me’, has made me root for the under-dog all my life.

I won’t lie. I am no fan of corporations. I don’t work for them, and I don’t want to. You, small business owner, are the life of our nation. You pay the taxes, provide the goods corporations are too lazy to provide, give the care that comes with understanding, and you generally (pardon my language) get screwed.

Most likely you, small business owner, aren’t reading this. I know you don’t have much time. But, if you are reading this, know that my future posts won’t drone on this way. I will try to get to the point so that information can benefit you quickly. I just wanted to introduce myself and my philosophy.

I am you. I have a family, bills that I can barely pay, a home that tends to fall apart on me, and sometimes – a fear of what is to come.

From here-on-out, I hope to be your “inside man”, so to speak. I run a Web design company, and I know a bit about all things Web.
So, ask me your questions. I don’t charge.

See you later, small business owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment